Image Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Chili


I thought chili would be a perfect meal for this cool, rainy, fall day.  I posted this recipe once before but didn't have pictures so I thought I would repost it today.  I originally got this recipe from Skinnytaste.  This recipe is nice because it goes in the crockpot and is pretty simple.  If you prefer a beef/sausage chili try this recipe I posted in January. 


Ingredients:
1 onion, diced
1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can kidney beans
2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 15 oz can corn
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
1 T cumin
1 T chili powder
2 large chicken breasts
Mix all ingredients, except chicken, together in crockpot. 



Place chicken breasts atop other ingredients.


Cook on high for 5.5 hours.

Shred chicken with 2 forks.

Mix shredded chicken into other ingredients.

Cook additional 30 minutes.



Optional: Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or cilantro for serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment