Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos

This is one of my all time favorite meals.  It's fairly easy to make as it just requires making a chipotle lime marinade for the shrimp and then grilling it.  I found this recipe on the blog My Baking Addiction, found here

Ingredients
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
1 T olive oil
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp cumin
1 lime, juice & zest
2 T cilantro, chopped

Mix all ingredients but shrimp together to form marinade.
Pat shrimp dry and coat with marinade for 20 minutes.
Put shrimp on skewers.  (soak skewers in water first if using wood)
Grill shrimp a few minutes on each side.
Serve shrimp on soft taco shells with black bean and corn salsa
I like to make a side dish with this that is my imitation of the rice found at Chipotle.  In order to do this, I use basmati rice and add lime juice in with the water at the start of cooking.  Once the rice is ready, fluff it and add fresh chopped cilantro.
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: