Image Map

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Eat Local Wednesday 6.5

Well it's Wednesday again which means I just picked up our CSA portion.  Here's what we got this week.
  • Mixed leaf lettuce
  • Cabbage
  • Snap Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Strawberries
  •  Garlic
Tonight for dinner we are having salad topped with grilled chicken so some of the lettuce and the broccoli will get put to use immediately.  I think Eric has plans to make some stir fry using the snap peas.  I don't have plans for the cabbage yet and still have last week's cabbage too, so I'll have to figure something out.  If you know us, you know we love garlic so that is an exciting addition this week too.  If a recipe calls for 1-2 cloves of garlic, we probably use 4-5.  Plus, I don't think I've mentioned it, but these strawberries are really good!  If you live locally, you can pick them yourself at Sunrise Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment