Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

5 on Friday!

 
 
[one]
 
We were able to spend a night in Charlottesville this past Friday.  We love, love, love getting to spend time in Charlottesville and we never have enough time to get everything we want to do there done (despite the fact that we only live 45 minutes away).  Not counting the fact that there are always about 15 different restaurants we want to eat at.  Also I got to see four of my best friends (plus one fiance)  from college for dinner.  We love to sit on the downtown mall and have a couple drinks while people watching and Friday nights is one of the busiest times there.  These are from Miller's.  Fun fact: this is where the Dave Matthew's Band got it's start, it's not why we go there but just something cool about it.  We go there because their beer menu is extensive and their appetizers are amazing...it's hard to pick just one (or two).
 
 
 
 
[two]
 
I got a new laptop Sunday night.  My laptop had been on it's last leg for a while.  It had fall off the table a few too many times and the screen was only attached to the keyboard by one hinge.  It was in safety mode all the time, battery power was non-existent, etc.  So on Sunday night when it would no longer turn on for longer than 5 seconds at a time, I took the plunge and bought a new one.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a laptop as it seems regardless I end up replacing them every 3 years or so.  This makes my fourth one since my trusty college one died.  I wanted something good for the budget but also lightweight/small and easily portable.  I happened to find one originally $628 on sale for $395 that met all of my qualifications.  So far it works great and I love it.
 
 
[three]
 
We had a football party on Sunday which was really fun!  We love hosting gatherings and cooking for other people at our house when we can.  Hopefully soon we can have get togethers in a house that is our own!
 
 
 
[four]
 
My vacation starts tomorrow!  Perfect timing because it is supposed to be getting cold here & I will be soaking up the sun in the Caribbean then heading to Savannah for a few days!
 
 

 
 
[five] 
 
Last, but most certainly not least...WE'RE ENGAGED!!  Eric proposed on Monday and I said yes :)  We are so excited!
 
 
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! So excited for you!!!!!! Hiding the exciting news at the bottom!!! HA

    ReplyDelete