Image Map

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Squash & Zucchini Pie


Last week's CSA portion included squash, zucchini and onions which was basically everything I needed to try this recipe I saw here.  As always I made some changes but this was easy and different from what I normally would do with zucchini and squash.



Ingredients

3 C squash & zucchini, sliced & halved
1 small onion, diced
1 C Bisquick
3 eggs
1/2 C canola oil
1 T fresh parsley, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 C shredded parmesan
Salt & Pepper


Mix together eggs, oil, parsley, garlic, parmesan, salt & pepper.  I didn't measure the salt and pepper, just ground it over the mix generously.

Add squash, zucchini, onion, and bisquick.  Mix well together.

Pour into a greased pie pan.

Bake on 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until top is golden.


We had this as a side dish with grilled chicken but I also think it could be used as a main dish.  I think it would be good with diced ham or shredded chicken added as well if you wanted a main dish with meat in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment