Image Map

Friday, November 21, 2014

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

I saw this recipe for oven baked fajitas and decided to give it a try.  We used to eat fajitas all the time and somewhere along the way we just stopped.  Don't know why because we both like them.  If you look at the pictures you will see that I don't like to eat my fajitas with the shells.  Eric does but I didn't remember to take any pics of them all wrapped up.  I adapted the above recipe a little bit and here is how I made it.


Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 small onions
1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
3 T olive oil
Chili powder
Cumin
Garlic powder
Tajin
Red pepper flakes


Cut chicken into strips.

Mix olive oil & spices together (I didn't measure any spices just a generous shaking of each).

Marinade chicken for 30 minutes or longer.  You don't have to do this, I just find it gives more flavor.

Slice peppers and onions.

Place chicken, peppers & onions and the remaining marinade in sprayed cooking dish.  I used my Rachel Ray oven baker but you could just use any baking dish.

Mix together well.

Top with diced tomatoes.

Stir together all ingredients.

Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.



2 comments:

  1. Anyone that's seriously interested in enjoying poker has seen some televised tournaments. Dog Eating Shrimp

    ReplyDelete