Image Map

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Best Year Yet - 2014 in Review

2014 was a really big year for us.  We celebrated so many important milestones in our lives, as well as the lives of our friends and families. We got married, several of our friends got married, we did some home improvement projects, my parents retired and moved to FL, Eric's dad turned 50, we got a new car and we had FUN - lots of it!  This is just a look at some of what made our 2014 great!

January

I rang in the New Year at work with my friend Tarah!


We celebrated the 2nd birthday of our favorite 2 year old (flower girl).


I went to Raleigh to meet my best friend Megan's baby Hudson! (Born in December)


We took some engagement pictures.



I went shopping with my mom, gramma & mother-in-law to buy my wedding dress!


Eric got a new car.


February

My parents hosted a housewarming/engagement party for us in our new home!



Layla Jane turned 2!


Eric got a banjo



March 

We celebrated my Dad's retirement with our family and friends and my parents officially moved to Florida.



We also hosted a BBQ, Beer & Baby Talk shower for our friends Brandon & Alexis who were expecting sweet Baby Emmarie in May.



April

We got new (to us) dining room furniture. We also got my grandmother's china to fill the china cabinet.



We sent out Save the Dates for our wedding!

We went to a Nats game!


We spent our first weekend at the lake!




We started our garden.



Eric's dad turned 50!



We took more pictures!




May 

We celebrated my 30th birthday with dinner & a movie.  

Our friends Brandon & Alexis had their baby girl.

We spent another Memorial Day Weekend at the lake.


June

Eric's cousin Megan got married!



We celebrated Father's Day with Eric's dad.  We also celebrated a little earlier with my family since we didn't think they would be here for Father's Day!



My parents sold their house in VA, the house I grew up in.



Our friends Crystal and Tom got married!


And we went to the lake...



July 

We spent 4th of July in town with friends.



We spent 4th of July weekend at the lake!



We cleared out the woods behind our house. 



Terra & I planned a bridal shower for Kitty!



We went to Chapel Hill to meet Emmarie!



We went to the beach with my family.



We saw the Machine at the State Theatre.



We mailed our wedding invitations.



August

Our friends Katherine and Matt got married.



My mom and bridesmaids hosted a bridal shower for me!



I started a new job as a labor & delivery nurse on the 13th!



Our friends Tommy & Whitney got married over Labor Day Weekend!


September 

We went to a surprise party for our friend Travis' 30th birthday.



We got our marriage license.



We went to the home opener for the Skins.


My parents came up from Florida to help us get ready for our wedding.

My BFF Steph got married to Glen!


I crafted like crazy for our wedding.


October 

We had our rehearsal dinner 10-3


We got married 10-4



We spent a week in Cancun for our honeymoon


We hung a pot rack



November 

We got a bar



I went to a painting party with friends. 



We celebrated Thanksgiving in Richmond with friends and family.



December

We fenced in our yard for LJ!


I went to a cookie exchange with the bunco girls



We went to see Jerry Seinfeld with our friends Austen & Jason!



We celebrated Eric's 30th birthday!

We decorated our home for Christmas!



We celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family.



My parents decided to head back up to VA for Christmas after all and stayed with us for a few days.

We hosted both our families for brunch on Christmas morning!

We celebrated Christmas with friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment