Image Map

Monday, January 5, 2015

Betty's Cheese Ball

I have had this recipe for quite some time and have never actually gotten around to making it.  I'm not sure why, it wasn't hard and it got lots of compliments.  Betty is my uncle Bryan's mom and she made this cheese ball a few years ago at Christmas, I have been meaning to make it ever since.  I did adapt it a bit mainly because I didn't have all the ingredients.  We served this at our house prior to going out with friends for dinner on NYE.
 
 


Ingredients
1 pkg cream cheese
1 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 tsp chives (the recipe called for onions)
3 tsp green pepper, finely diced
4 tsp pimiento
a few shakes of Salt
1/4 C mayo
2 T of milk
several generous shakes of tabasco
crushed pecans
 
 
Mix all ingredients except pecans together with mixer.  
 
Shape into a ball with your hands.
 
Roll in crushed pecans
 
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
 
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment