Image Map

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Aunt Florence's Poundcake

Yesterday I made my Great Aunt Florence's poundcake for my father-in-law's birthday.  Everyone in my family talks about this recipe but I never remember eating it.  It was definitely good, especially the crust part.  I served it with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream


Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter 
3 C sugar
3 C flour
1 C heavy whipping cream
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 



Add 2 sticks of butter in mixer and mix until creamy.

Add in sugar and mix until well blended.

Add eggs one at a time while continuing to mix.

Add vanilla and mix.

Add flour and cream in alternating portions (1 cup flour, 1/2 C cream, etc).

When well mixed transfer into a buttered and floured tube pan or angel food pan and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour, 15 min.


If you want to make homemade whipped cream just add about 1.5 C cream to mixed with a couple spoonfuls sugar and a dash of vanilla and mix on highest speed until consistency is that of whipped cream.  It's way better than the canned stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment