Image Map

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Planting


I that I never posted about my gardening/planter boxes this year.  The pot above was just something I threw together last week for some color on our front porch.  But I planted the boxes back in April and forgot to every post here.

Just a recap, I have 4 raised beds/boxes that Eric made two years ago.  They are sheet metal boxes encased in wood, with drainage holes in the bottom.  They are filled first with pond stone for drainage then dirt.



Box One:  Lettuce.   I planted several varieties of lettuce - a few types of romaine and some black seeded simpson.



Box Two: Peppers.  3 jalapenos, 2 cayenne and 6 small habaneros.



Box Three: Herbs.  Parsley, cilantro, 2 basil plants, rosemary and lemon thyme.  The lemon thyme is leftover from last year, hence why it is HUGE!  I also planted dill in a separate container, not pictured here.



Box Four: Tomatoes.  I planted better boy, roma and cherry tomatoes this year.  One plant of each.



And just for fun, one other little flower I planted to sit on the front porch table.





No comments:

Post a Comment