Image Map

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Spicy Sausage Pasta

On my way home from work this morning I was able to swing by the store and pick up a few things I needed to make this spicy sausage pasta.  I originally found it here on Kevin & Amanda's blog then later ended up buying the America's Test Kitchen The Best Simple Recipes Cookbook where the recipe originally came from and have made several very good meals from it.  If you are looking for a new cookbook, I would recommend it as the recipes are easy and often can be made in one pot/pan which saves a lot of time on cleanup (my least favorite part, especially since we don't have a dishwasher).  Anyways, back to the spicy sausage pasta,  here's my version...

Ingredients
1 T olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage (I used turkey)
1.5 C onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 C chicken broth, (I used low sodium)
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis (Rotel)
1/2 C heavy cream
1 pkg penne pasta
S&P to taste
1.5 C pepperjack cheese
1/3 C scallions, sliced

Slice sausage into pieces.

Heat oil in dutch oven.  Add sausage and onion.  Cook until lightly browned.

Add garlic.  Cook for another 30-60 seconds.

Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, and S&P and stir together.  Bring to a boil.

Cover and reduce heat to medium.  Cook approximately 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Stir in 3/4 C cheese.  Top with remaining cheese and scallions.

Broil for 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted.



 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment