Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

Meal Planning Monday!

Today I will share our menu for the week and review last week's plan and how we did with it.
 
Monday: Salad with Grilled Flank Steak & Luscious Lemon Cake
Eric's mom's birthday was Friday and we had her over for dinner tonight to celebrate since I worked all weekend.  Check back tomorrow for the Luscious Lemon Cake recipe...

Tuesday: Steak Salad Take 2
We have leftovers and the flank steak is so good so we are going to eat it again.

Wednesday: Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches
With the leftover sausage & peppers from Sunday.

Thursday: Bowling Alley

Friday: Zuppa Toscana
I am going to attempt to copycat the Olive Garden recipe.

Saturday:  Going out to dinner!  May switch with Friday.

Sunday: Grilled Pizza
Not sure what flavor yet, probably either BBQ Chicken or Buffalo Chicken
 
Last week in review...
 
Monday Plan: Baked Ziti
We had baked ziti Monday night.  I made this recipe up myself and it doesn't use ricotta since Eric doesn't like it.  It has chicken sausage and spinach in it and is so flavorful.  I made it in 2 pans and delivered one frozen to friends who just had a baby.  We had some garlic breadsticks with this dinner too.



Tuesday Plan: Scwhan's Chicken Enchiladas
This was a frozen dinner that had been in our freezer for a little bit.  Just popped it in the oven about an hour.  It's no homemade enchiladas but not bad at all.


Wednesday: Leftover Baked Ziti 

Thursday: Dinner at the bowling alley

Friday Plan:  Gnocchi
The plan was gnocchi but we had Chipotle instead.  With it being Eric's mom's birthday, we wanted to stop by and bring her her birthday present before I had to go to work which doesn't leave much time for cooking. 

Saturday Plan:  Mom & Dad's
My Gramma was in town so we went to my parent's house to visit before I had to head to work.  We had BBQ, tortellini salad, etc.  I made this Pumpkin Dip which was so good.  I also made a Tortellini Salad which I will post a recipe for down the road sometime.



Sunday Plan: Banh Mi
We didn't have Banh Mi.  Nunnie, a family friend of Eric's makes the best sausage & peppers we have both ever eaten.  Well she was kind enough to share her recipe with us - although it's her secret so I won't be sharing it on this blog.  But I promise you it is amazing.  Eric made this Saturday while I was sleeping and then on Sunday he cooked the gnocchi and we had gnocchi with sausage & peppers.  He also made his own tomato sauce and I will try to come back and share that recipe later this week as he took pictures of his cooking process & wrote his recipe down as he went for me!


Overall we didn't do too badly this week.  We made one substitution of the sausage & pepper gnocchi for the banh mi and we ate out once when we planned a meal for home. 

 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment