Image Map

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sunshine Award

The idea of the award is to nominate 10 bloggers whose posts brighten your day.

The Rules
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you - Sarah @ Sweet Happenings
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them! 
Thanks to Sarah at Sweet Happenings for nominating me for this award and telling me I brighten her day!  She asked me the following questions... 

1. What's one city you visited that you DIDN'T like and why?
I didn't like Atlanta.  However, I was only there for a day and I didn't see/do much so that is probably why.  I went to Centennial Park and went up some mountain outside of ATL but I can't remember much else.  Otherwise I have just passed through the airport there many times and oh my goodness, I feel as if I always have to run for my connecting flight there.

2. What's your favourite clothing store?
I can't say that I have a favorite.  I buy a lot of my clothes at Target, Old Navy & TJ Maxx.

3. If I gave you $500.00 right now, what would you go buy?
I'd probably head to Target & TJ Maxx and just buy anything that caught my eye but it would be looking at kitchen things - some new Le Creuset cast iron, some All Clad pots, etc.  What I should do with the money is put it in our home downpayment savings fund.


4. What's the population of the city you currently live in?
Honestly, I don't know.  First of all it's not a city, definitely a town.  When I was in HS it was one of America's Top 10 under 10,000.  We still have the signs posted around town.  For a long time when you drove into the county on Rt 29 it said "Welcome to Culpeper, 1999 AAA State Football Champs".   I know that it is bigger now.  According to Wikipedia, 16,379 as of 2010.






Don't you want to live here too?


5. What's your favorite scent?
 I really like lemon scented things because it just smells clean and fresh.  But at this time I love a good pumpkin or apple cinnamon scent.


6. Would you prefer to live in the city or the suburbs?
I am definitely not a city girl.  I like to visit cities but I prefer to live in the suburbs to the city.  But overall I like small TOWN living.

 
7. Are you a morning person or night owl?
Night owl all the way.  Even more so now that I work the night shift.

8. What was your favorite childhood show that you can remember?
 I honestly didn't watch that much TV as a kid.  We didn't get a satelite dish until I was probably 11 or 12 so choices were limited.  I do remember watching Disney's One Saturday Morning all the time.  I can't remember what all shows it included - cartoons, Hang Time, etc.

9.  Do you prefer swimming or skiing?
Swimming!  I learned to swim in this lake and I still love going there today.  I swam swim team every summer for close to 10 years and some of the best summers I can remember were before I was old enough to work when I just spent all day every day hanging out with about 30 of my closest friends at the Country Club pool.  I haven't skied in years.  I am not all that great at it and I don't enjoy freezing my bottom off.


10. How long have you been blogging for?
I started this blog at the end of April so coming up on 5 months. 


My Nominees:
Hannah @ Chatter Days
Becky @ Love Everyday Life 
I cheated and didn't do 10, sorry!  I am running around like crazy today trying to get things ready to head out to the beach early in the morning.  There's shopping, packing, delivering LJ to the kennel and a birthday cookout to fit into the next few hours so I have to get a move on.

My questions for you.
1.  Tell me about where you live.
2.  Tell me about why you started blogging.
3.  Where is your favorite place you have every traveled?  
4.  What's your guilty pleasure?
5.  What is your favorite (or couple of favorites) TV show?
6.  Do you have any pets?
7.  Tell me about your family.
8.  What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
9.  If I gave you $1000 what would you do with it?
10. Share something interesting about yourself.

 

  
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment