Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tortellini Salad

If you read my pumpkin dip post you already know my Gramma was in town a few weeks back so I was cooking some things for a potluck at my parents.  The second dish I made was a tortellini salad.  I saw a picture of this on Pinterest and adapted it from this recipe on the Dream Home Cooking Girl blog.
 
 
Ingredients
1 20 oz pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini
3/4 cup cherry or other small tomatoes, halved (I used currant tomatoes)
1 C fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 1/2 C mini pepperonis
1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
3/4 C creamy Caesar dressing

 
 
Cook tortellini in salted water according to package instructions.
  When finished cooking, strain from water and rinse under cold water.
 
 
Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, basil & pepperoni in bowl.
 
 
Mix tortellini and tomato mixture together in large bowl.
 
 
Top with Caesar dressing and stir together.
 
 
Allow time to refrigerate before serving so that flavors can meld together.
 
 
I tasted this as soon as it was finished and then I ate it the next day.  It definitely tastes better the second day once all the flavors are mixed together.  I got a lot of compliments on this past and it was pretty simple.  I'll definitely make it again.
 
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! :) And yes, I still need to email you!!

    ReplyDelete