Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Candied Jalapenos

I got this recipe from Southern Living for Candied Jalapenos.  If I'm being honest I was drawn to it because it was something I could make in a jar and who doesn't love things in jars?  I'm a dork like that.  But I immediaately thought that Eric & our friend Jason would love these so I set out to make 2 jars.  It's about the easiest recipe of all time plus we have red chili peppers in our garden that we have yet to do anything with this summer and their time is drawing to a close.  Thus I bring you Candied Jalapenos which Southern Living says is their "new go to summer condiment" --- too bad it's fall before I got around to making them.
 
Ingredients:
12 oz jar jalapeno slices
3-4 chili peppers, sliced
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp lime zest
 
 
How to:
 
Drain juice from jalapenos. Reserve jars.
 
In bowl mix jalapenos, chili peppers, sugar and lime zest.

 
Stir together and let sit for 5 minutes.
 
Put mixture back into jalapeno jars.  
(Now if I was making these as gifts I would probably put them back into mason jars instead of the Mt. Olive Jar.)
 
 
Refrigerate for 4-7 days, shaking frequently. 
 

 


 
We left these refrigerated for 8 days before we broke into them.  I gave Jason his jar last night and he told me he could eat them out of a bowl with a spoon.  However, the average person would probably enjoy this as a little bit of kick on a sandwich.  They start out sweet & then they have a BIG kick afterwards.
 

 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment