Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

Savannah Recap!

Last Wednesday my mom, my gramma, my 2 aunts & I went to Savannah.  We got into town around lunch time and started off by heading down to River Street.  We ate lunch in a Greek restaurant and then we browsed several of the shops & made a few purchases before heading back to our hotel to get ready for dinner.  We also picked up some drinks from Wet Willie's to walk around with.
 
 
 
 

That night we had dinner at Lady & Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant.  I have to say that I was not that impressed but I am glad we went there just so I can say I did.  Not to toot my own horn or anything but I think my fried green tomatoes top hers anyday.  I did come away with a butter shaped Christmas ornament...because honestly how could I not buy something butter themed?
 
 
Thursday morning we took a trolley tour around town to see some of the sights.  This took a couple hours and then we went to the City Market area to explore.  We had lunch at an Italian restaurant called Anna's which was really good and browsed the stores there.  Then my mom and I just browsed around different shops and eventually went back to our hotel.  Later that night my mom, aunts & I went back out to walk around a bit and see a few of the squares and then had dinner at a tapas restaurant called Jazz'd.
 
 


 
Friday morning we headed to a place that was supposed to be a really good breakfast spot called Goose Feathers.  It definitely did not disappoint.  At times the line was out the door.  I had a delicious cinnamon bun.  After breakfast my mom and I walked around and went back down to River Street again while my gramma & aunts went on a horse drawn carriage ride.  That night we went to the Pink House for dinner which was wonderful.  
 

 
 
 
Saturday was our last day in Savannah and also happened to be the Rock & Roll Marathon so we stayed around the hotel that morning.  We headed out a little later to check out a few stores to include the SCAD store.  We then swung into the SCAD bookstore near our hotel for pimento cheese sandwiches which were delicious.  Then we headed out to see Tybee Island.  It was a beautiful beach and we saw the lighthouse and just walked around a bit before eating dinner our last night at the Crab Shack on Tybee.  
 

 


 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment