Image Map

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bacon Pesto Gnocchi

I tried a new recipe last week that was delicious.  I know it was good because not only did I like it, but Eric had gone back for seconds before I'd even finished mine.  This recipe was posted earlier this week on Kevin & Amanda's blog.  You can find another of my favorite recipes here - Spicy Sausage Pasta- which I also got from their blog.  Anyhow, I love gnocchi.  I love bacon.  And I love pesto so I knew this was the perfect recipe for me.


Ingredients:
1 pkg gnocchi (I used whole wheat)
8 slices bacon 
1/4 C pesto (find my pesto recipes here:  basil pesto or kale pesto)
1 C chicken broth
1-2 T butter
1/4 C heavy cream
Parmesan shavings 

First cook your bacon.  I baked the bacon in the oven for the first time ever.  I had been seeing people do this on blogs and Pinterest a lot lately.  400 degrees for 20 minutes and no grease splatter issues.  When bacon is cooked, crumble and set aside.


Mix pesto and chicken broth together. 

Melt butter in a large pan.

Add gnocchi to pan and cook approximately 5 minutes.

Add broth/pesto mixture and bacon.

Bring to a simmer,  reduce heat & cover.
Cook for 5-7 minutes.

Remove from heat & stir in cream.

Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings.




No comments:

Post a Comment