Image Map

Monday, May 12, 2014

Herbs & Veggies - 2 week update

It's been 2 weeks since we got all our herbs and veggies planted and I thought I would check in with a little update.  I made a few additions and snapped some pictures this morning of the progress.
The lettuce has been sprouting up for about a week now.

Peppers appear about the same.
Dill is growing like crazy as expected.
The herbs are doing well, the cilantro is really growing.  Also I picked up a thyme and lemon thyme plant at the farmer's market Saturday and added them to the box.
I also planted garlic which seems to be doing well.  If you've never eaten garlic scapes before they are good too - that's the green sprout-like part.  Here's an article with some different uses.  We grilled them last year.


And the tomatoes are getting bigger.  I got stakes and cages for them over the weekend so that will be my next project.

And some final touches...
My birthday lemon tree is potted.

And all the bushes in front of the house turned out to be pretty pink azaleas.
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment