Image Map

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

BBQ Chicken Enchiladas


I get most of my recipes from the other blogs I read.  This recipe for BBQ Chicken Enchiladas is from one of my favorite cooking blogs called Gimme Some Oven.  These enchiladas have a southwestern vibe too them.  This is the first time I have remembered to take step by step pictures in quite some time.  However, I am taking cell phone shots as I go along, if you want to see how good it can look check out the link above to Gimme Some Oven.  The recipe below is similar to hers but I did adapt it slightly.



 Ingredients:

2 T olive oil
1 small red onion, diced
1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 15 oz can black beans
1 can mexicorn
8 large flour tortillas
3-4 C shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 cans red enchilada sauce
1 C BBQ (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
Salt & pepper



Start by adding olive oil and red onion to large skilled and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add chicken & green chiles and cook 7-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Season well with salt & pepper.



 Stir in black beans and mexicorn and remove from heat.

 
Mix together enchilada sauce and BBQ in a bowl.


Assembly:

To assemble enchiladas spread a couple spoonfuls of sauce onto tortilla.


Top with chicken mixture and generous portion of shredded cheese.


 Roll tortillas and place into a 9x11 casserole dish.  I used a large Le Creuset dish.
Place 8 large tortillas in pan.


Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


These enchiladas are huge and very filling.  I found 1/2 of an enchilada to be plenty for one meal.  I may suggest that if you are not cooking for a large family to either half the recipe or give half of it to friends.  I'm fairly certain this would make a good freezer meal as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment