Anyone who works the night shift knows that it's nice to be able to throw something in your crockpot in the morning when you get off and wake up to a delicious meal several hours later. I frequently make the Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork and it uses a can of chipotle peppers with a slow cooking method. It is a favorite in our house and among our friends and family. We've been trying to cook more with chicken lately so I decided to try to make chipotle chicken using a similar concept.
Frozen chicken breast (I used 3)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can rotel diced tomatoes with green Chilis
1. Place frozen chicken in the crockpot.
2. Top with remaining ingredients. Try to make sure chicken is covered but no mixing is required.
3. Cook on high for 4-5 hours until chicken is fork tender
4. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
5. Place chicken back in crockpot and stir everything together.
We are having this chicken on whole wheat flour tortillas with pico de gallo, guacamole, and shredded cheese to top it off. We aren't big on sour cream, but I imagine if you do like sour cream, it would also make a good topping. We are eating this meal with a side of Spanish rice.