As with most of my new recipes, I found this one on Pinterest and I had everything on hand except for the chorizo. If you live nearby I highly recommend you try Croftburn Market for different kind of sausages or any meat really. So I ran by there and picked up some chorizo. I love both shrimp & sausage so I have been meaning to try this recipe for a while. Here's my version...
1/2 lb penne pasta
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 links chorizo (or 2 or 4!)
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 C chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
2. Cook chorizo, if it is not already cooked when you purchase it. I ground mine up because it was easier. But you could also cut it in slices as is done in the original recipe. I just browned it up in the same pan and set it aside on a plate while I did the next step.
3. Place olive oil in skillet. When warm, add garlic and cook a minute or so until golden.
4. Add chorizo and cook for additional 5 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cook until slightly pink.
6. Add chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Mix shrimp mixture with pasta in a bowl and serve.