Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eat Local Wednesday 9.18 - Recipe Edition

We are at the beach this week so we skipped our normal CSA portion.  I thought I would just post some recipes that we have made with our CSA portions this year.  All of these things are things I never would have made if not for getting the ingredients in our portions.  I didn't have a clue what to do with rhubarb or leeks before this little adventure.  I would encourage you all to join a CSA if one is available to you.  You are able to support your local farmers, get the freshest produce available that week, and learn how to cook new things.
 
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
 
Cucumber Tomato Salad
Potato Leek Soup
 
Fried Green Tomatoes
 
Grilled Eggplant Pizza
 
These are just a few of the many things we have done with our CSA portions this year.  You can find many others if you read through the archives or use the label buttons in the side bar if you are looking for something more specific. The only thing that these have in common is that I would NEVER have made them if it weren't for getting the CSA portions that we did.  Honestly, before this summer I didn't even like tomatoes, I had never bought eggplant or rhubarb or leeks, etc.  Try something new today!
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment