Image Map

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review!

2013 was a good year for us with several big milestone moments.  I wanted to do a quick recap through the year of some fun things that have happened.  The year started off kind of slow but things really picked up as the year went along.
 
 
 
January
   
 
~We celebrated the first birthday of sweet HG, our friends' daughter who coincidentally will be the flower girl in our wedding.
 
 
February
 
~We went to see the Caps play which was my first ever hockey game.  Even better we had awesome seats and they were free!
 
 
~ We celebrated sweet Layla Jane's birthday! She spent the day at daycare which she loves!
 
 
 
March
~We went to see Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line and Thompson Square at JPJ in Cville with friends. 
 
 
 
April
 
~We started this blog!
 
~We planted seeds for what would be our first year of successful gardening and one of our major blog topics for the year.
 
May 
 
~Eric built these awesome planter boxes which we used to garden.
 
 
~We blogged away on this little blog with recipes and gardening.
 
~We joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
 
 
~We went to Pittsburgh for a long weekend
 
 
~We went to NC to celebrate our friend Alexis receiving her PhD from UNC.
 
 
 ~We celebrated my friend Bethany with a shower for her baby girl to arrive in June.
 
 
~We kicked off summer with Memorial Day Weekend at the lake.
 
June
~We went to the Kennedy Center to see Shear Madness which was part of my birthday present from Eric.
 
 
~We celebrated our friends Marcus & Ashley's wedding.
 
 
 
July
 
~We saw DMB in concert at Nissan Pavilion.
 
 
~We celebrated 4th of July twice, with the Dennee's and at the lake.
 
 
 
August
 
~We spent 2 weekends at the lake.
 
~We saw Jimmy Buffett in concert at Nissan Pavilion.
 
September
~We celebrated my friend Terra's baby girl on the way who made her grand appearance later in the month.
 

~We went to the OBX with our friends for a week.
 
 
~We celebrated my friend Megan's baby due in December.
 
October
~We got engaged!
 
 
~We put an offer on a house.
 
~We put a contract on a house.
 
~I headed out on a cruise with my mom, Gramma & cousin Shirley.
 
 
 
November
 
~I finished up my Caribbean cruise and spent a few days in Florida.
 
~I went to see South Pacific with my mom, Gramma & Aunt Patty at the Alhambra Dinner Theater in Jacksonville.
 
~I went to Savannah with my mom, Gramma, Aunt Patty & Aunt Norah.
 
 
~We closed on our house.
 
 
~We celebrated Asher's 1st birthday!
 
 
December
 
~My friend Megan had a sweet little boy.
 
~We moved to our new house.
 
 
~We decorated it for Christmas.
 
 
~We celebrated my cousin Eli's 3rd birthday, who will be the ringbearer for our wedding.
 
 
~We set a wedding date!  October 4, 2014
 
~We celebrated Christmas with family and friends by hosting a Christmas brunch.
 
 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg

1 comment: