Image Map

Monday, February 2, 2015

Make Your Own Taco Seasoning

A couple nights ago I decided to make my own taco seasoning.  In the past whenever I have needed "taco seasoning" for a recipe I have run out to buy a little packet at the store.  We have a pretty extensive spice cabinet at home so I decided to whip up my own.  Plus everyone knows a little mason jar of taco seasoning is way cuter than an envelope.




The cast of characters...



2 T chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika 
3 tsp cumin 
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients together and store in an air right container.  I just dumped them all into a 4 oz. mason jar and shook it up.


Now for the first recipe I am going to try it out on, my Southwestern Stuffed Peppers.


And next up will be my crockpot chicken chili 



No comments:

Post a Comment