Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

Meal Planning Monday!

 
I don't have a meal plan for this week.  We have so much stuff going on and a few meetings between when Eric gets home at 5:00 and I leave at 6:30 this week so there will be very little time for us to sit down and eat together.  Meals will likely amount to one of two things quick or frozen.  Then I am headed out Saturday morning for my vacation.  So what I have is a week in review.
 
 
Monday Plan: Baked Spaghetti
 
 We made spaghetti on Sunday and made it baked spaghetti on Tuesday.  I forgot to take a picture after we added the cheese and baked it so it just looks like spaghetti here.  Eric made homemade sauce for the spaghetti and I shared the recipe here.
 
 
Tuesday Plan: Smoky Corn Chowder
We ate baked spaghetti again. I did end up making the chowder on Sunday for our football party and I will share the recipe this week.
 
 
Wednesday Plan: Drunken Noodles
  This was a Schwan's meal that we had in our freezer.  We ate it along with some potstickers.
 
 
 
Thursday Plan: Bowling Alley
Ate at the bowling alley.
 
 
Friday Plan: Charlottesville
We headed down to Charlottesville when Eric got off of work to meet some of my college/sorority friends for dinner.  We got there earlier than they did so we headed to one of our favorite spots, Miller's, for drinks and appetizers before they arrived.   Then we met them at South Street Brewery for dinner.  These pictures are from Miller's.  I didn't take any at South Street...or with my friends...fail!
 


 
 
Saturday Plan: Zuppa Toscana
Fail!  We went out to El Jaripeo with our friends Travis & Erika.  Who can pass up Mexican?
 
 
Sunday Plan: Football Party
We had so much good food for our party.  I made crockpot chicken chili, smoky corn chowder with shrimp, pigs in a blanket, Mexican dip, and pumpkin dip.  We also had homemade salsa, bacon wrapped deer tenderloin, chips & dip and Reese's peanut butter rice krispies.   Click the links above to see the recipes.  I will share the dip & corn chowder recipes this week.  Of course, I forgot to take the picture before we started eating so this is all half eaten and no longer pretty.
 
The half eaten spread


Crockpot Chicken Chili

"The Dip"

Smoky Corn Chowder with Shrimp

 
I apologize if this week's menu seems a little boring.  I didn't have many recipes to share.  But as a bonus I made these Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies and we thought they were pretty amazing!


 photo dinner-signature_zpsccb424d2.jpg
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment